As I mentioned, we planned a big Alaskan cruise to celebrate my in-law’s 50th wedding anniversary.
Our Norwegian cruise was departing from Vancouver on Monday at 4p. They suggest you arrive at the port by 12n on the day of departure. In order to make this timing we had to arrive on Sunday.
That meant we had to stay overnight in Vancouver. We chose…
to stay at the Residence Vancouver Downtown. It was only about 25 minutes from the airport and about from the cruise terminal.
Here’s what we thought:
- It’s a great location. Not too far from the airport and VERY close to the port.
- The area is very walkable. They even have a huge bike path right out front of the hotel.
- The lobby area is very nice with some cushy chairs and a fireplace.
- The breakfast area is huge! They have dedicated seating for those who are having a quick breakfast and a whole room with tables plus an outdoor eating area.
- The rooms are nice and everything is clean.
- The only odd thing are the hallways. They are a little tight and angled oddly. We were by the elevators, which was fine, except when we opened our door. If there were people waiting for the elevator, we pretty much were on top of them immediately.
Even with the one slight negative, I would highly recommend Residence Vancouver Downtown!