The summer is fast approaching. Last year, I made up a bucket list. Although we didn’t do everything on the list, it worked well for me.
- I am a list person. I love lists.
- It reminded of the cool things I wanted to do. I’m very forgetful.
- When summer was over, it reminded me of all the cool things we did. Have I mentioned, I’m very forgetful.
I thought I’d do the same this year.
Presented for your amusement, our 2014 Summer Bucket List!
1. Visit the Bahamas (trip scheduled)
2. Swim with dolphins (scheduled to do in the Bahamas)
3. Take an Alaska cruise (scheduled for my in-laws 50th anniversary)
4. Ride on a helicopter (scheduled on the Alaska trip)
5. See a glacier (see Alaska)
6. Go berry picking (not specifying the berry!)
7. Raise butterflies
8. Celebrate 4th of July with lots of fun and fireworks
9. Visit the Farmer’s Market
10. Get a hammock
11. Clean up neighborhood trash/liter with my daughter
12. Have a family spelling bee (because I like to torture myself)
13. Do a family puzzle
14. Re-learn to crochet
15. Go on multiple bike rides
16. Go canoeing
17. Visit multiple playgrounds and have my daughter rate them
18. Play mini-golf
19. Go to the beach for a weekend
20. Create a popsicle bird house
21. Freeze small toys in ice and have Leah break them out
22. Visit Dallas
23. Take Leah to Chuck-E-Cheese
24. Visit San Francisco (scheduled)
25. Create fun things with toothpicks and marshmallows
26. Take Leah to a craft class
27. Go to the movies
28. Visit a lighthouse
29. Go fishing
30. Get ready for school
Last year my list had 75 things on it 🙂
This year I’m playing it a little more conservatively. Maybe I’m getting smarter in my old age (or more tired).
What’s your plan for the summer?